Home Buying: The process
For most of us, buying a home represents our single biggest investment-and our single biggest debt obligation. The home-buying process can seem daunting to potential home buyers.
It takes a firm with experience and understanding of the entire process to guide you through a rewarding and stress-free transaction.
Here are some useful tips to consider.
Define your Goals
• What are you buying, what can you afford?
• Build a good credit history.
• Save for a down payment (10%-20% of sales price) possibly less if FHA qualified.
Work with an Experienced Real Estate Professional
• At Thomas Stafford Properties, Inc. you will find a thorough, market savvy, caring and listening professional
that will work alongside you through the process.
Get Pre-Approval for a Loan
• Meet with a Lender and complete the loan application process.
• Once you know what you can afford, then it is time to shop for the property.
Find the Right Property
• Know what you are looking for.
• Distinguishing between the “must haves” and the “like to haves”.
• This is where our effective communication will save us time and effort.
Make an Offer
• I will carefully prepare and explain the contract to you for your review and approval and then present it to the Seller’s
representative and/or Seller.
• The Seller will either accept, reject or counter the offer to initiate a negotiation process that will hopefully result in a mutually satisfactory pending Purchase Agreement.
Due Diligence-Close of Escrow
• The property will be thoroughly inspected followed by our careful review of all inspection reports and documents.
• Your escrow title company will review history of all legal documents affecting the title to ensure there are no claims against the property (clear title).
• Secure and finalize the details of your financing.
• Final walkthrough, settlement (sign all your documents to complete the transaction).
• Obtain your keys and start moving in!
Let's find your DREAM HOME. Contact me today.
"Working with Tom was a pleasure! He helped us find and purchase our first home as our Buyer’s agent. He helped us through the whole process and we knew we could depend on him. He carefully listened to all of our desires and matched us up with a great home! We would highly recommend Tom and look forward to working with him in the future."
-Jeremy & Kendra F.